IBM Sterling Ideas
Shape the future of IBM!
We invite you to shape the future of IBM, including product roadmaps, by submitting ideas that matter to you the most. Here's how it works:
Post your ideas
IBM is transforming its request for enhancement (RFE) process. The purpose of the transformation is to provide a more consistent experience for you to submit requests and to enable IBM product owners to respond to your requests more quickly. For more information click here.
Start by posting ideas and requests to enhance a product or service. Take a look at ideas others have posted and upvote them if they matter to you, 1. Post an idea 2. Upvote ideas that matter most to you 3. Get feedback from the IBM team to refine your idea
Help IBM prioritize your ideas and requests
The IBM team may need your help to refine the ideas so they may ask for more information or feedback. The offering manager team will then decide if they can begin working on your idea. If they can start during the next development cycle, they will put the idea on the priority list. Each team at IBM works on a different schedule, where some ideas can be implemented right away, others may be placed on a different schedule.
Receive notifications on the decision
Some ideas can be implemented at IBM, while others may not fit within the development plans for the product. In either case, the team will let you know as soon as possible. In some cases, we may be able to find alternatives for ideas which cannot be implemented in a reasonable time.
When we remove and add new data thru API or internal code, the deleted records get removed and not propagated to the target system consuming the COC Data extract data published from OMS. This causes additional records to be retained in the target system as compared to the data present in OMS.
1. We use updateFutureInventory api to process Planned PO messages.
2. Everyday in the morning, we do a full refresh of Planned PO Inventory process which removes the existing supply record from OMS and creates a new one.
3. Old supply records for an item-WH-duedate-supplyreference combination is removed and a new record is created for each message processed.
4. When the records are deleted, there is no retention of some sort or propagation to the target system
5. This causes the ETL data store to have all the older records that are removed from OMS thru full Refresh/delta processes.Overtime, it builds up a lot of records ('n' full refresh records each day) and only the latest day's records being the correct one.
We have multiple scenarios where the same scenario is faced , but the above one is a straight forward one where this happens every day.
|What is your industry?||Retail|
How will this idea be used?
To implement a more efficient COC Data extract process where source and target systems are in Sync at all times.
Do not place IBM confidential, company confidential, or personal information into any field.