This portal is to open public enhancement requests for IBM Sterling products and services. To view all of your ideas submitted to IBM, create and manage groups of Ideas, or create an idea explicitly set to be either visible by all (public) or visible only to you and IBM (private), use the IBM Unified Ideas Portal (https://ideas.ibm.com).
Shape the future of IBM!
We invite you to shape the future of IBM, including product roadmaps, by submitting ideas that matter to you the most. Here's how it works:
Search existing ideas
Start by searching and reviewing ideas and requests to enhance a product or service. Take a look at ideas others have posted, and add a comment, vote, or subscribe to updateson them if they matter to you. If you can't find what you are looking for,
Post your ideas
Post an idea.
Get feedback from the IBM team and other customers to refine your idea.
Follow the idea through the IBM Ideas process.
Specific links you will want to bookmark for future use
COC Data Extract should send deleted records to the FTP to avoid orphaned records in target data warehouse.
When we remove and add new data thru API or internal code, the deleted records get removed and not propagated to the target system consuming the COC Data extract data published from OMS. This causes additional records to be retained in the target system as compared to the data present in OMS.
1. We use updateFutureInventory api to process Planned PO messages.
2. Everyday in the morning, we do a full refresh of Planned PO Inventory process which removes the existing supply record from OMS and creates a new one.
3. Old supply records for an item-WH-duedate-supplyreference combination is removed and a new record is created for each message processed.
4. When the records are deleted, there is no retention of some sort or propagation to the target system
5. This causes the ETL data store to have all the older records that are removed from OMS thru full Refresh/delta processes.Overtime, it builds up a lot of records ('n' full refresh records each day) and only the latest day's records being the correct one.
We have multiple scenarios where the same scenario is faced , but the above one is a straight forward one where this happens every day.
What is your industry?
How will this idea be used?
To implement a more efficient COC Data extract process where source and target systems are in Sync at all times.
Do not place IBM confidential, company confidential, or personal information into any field.