This portal is to open public enhancement requests for IBM Sterling products and services. To view all of your ideas submitted to IBM, create and manage groups of Ideas, or create an idea explicitly set to be either visible by all (public) or visible only to you and IBM (private), use the IBM Unified Ideas Portal (https://ideas.ibm.com).
Shape the future of IBM!
We invite you to shape the future of IBM, including product roadmaps, by submitting ideas that matter to you the most. Here's how it works:
Search existing ideas
Start by searching and reviewing ideas and requests to enhance a product or service. Take a look at ideas others have posted, and add a comment, vote, or subscribe to updateson them if they matter to you. If you can't find what you are looking for,
Post your ideas
Post an idea.
Get feedback from the IBM team and other customers to refine your idea.
Follow the idea through the IBM Ideas process.
Specific links you will want to bookmark for future use
Hide Recommended (Export) ROP, Recommended (Export) ROQ fields for MTC/OPS User Role
• As part of Item request feature roll out, end users (maintenance planners) will now need to submit item requests (stock level change requests) in MRO IO. More than 500 end users will now have read only access to MRO IO.
• As we all know material codes in MRO IO always have a recommendation either to increase or decrease reorder levels. However, we set up rules to identify the valid increases or decreases based on usage, criticality code, target service levels etc and divert them to work queues for Inventory Controllers to review and export changes.
• Now when an end user (maintenance planner) reviews a material code in MRO IO which has recommendation to increase Reorder levels, they might misunderstand that item request needs to be submitted. Also end user might perform a simulation by modifying parameters to get required recommendation and submit item request accordingly.
• This could result in numerous invalid item requests at all regions and can increase in inventory drastically. Also, it will be a big challenge for Inventory controllers to manage item requests, educate end users instead of focusing on work queues.
• As there are many potential ways to misuse the MRO IO functionality, we request to build a feature to hide Recommended (Export) ROP, Recommended (Export) ROQ fields for MTC/OPS User Role.
Do not place IBM confidential, company confidential, or personal information into any field.