This portal is to open public enhancement requests for IBM Sterling products and services. To view all of your ideas submitted to IBM, create and manage groups of Ideas, or create an idea explicitly set to be either visible by all (public) or visible only to you and IBM (private), use the IBM Unified Ideas Portal (https://ideas.ibm.com).
Shape the future of IBM!
We invite you to shape the future of IBM, including product roadmaps, by submitting ideas that matter to you the most. Here's how it works:
Search existing ideas
Start by searching and reviewing ideas and requests to enhance a product or service. Take a look at ideas others have posted, and add a comment, vote, or subscribe to updateson them if they matter to you. If you can't find what you are looking for,
Post your ideas
Post an idea.
Get feedback from the IBM team and other customers to refine your idea.
Follow the idea through the IBM Ideas process.
Specific links you will want to bookmark for future use
Node Configuration Attributes to specify Inventory Restrictions that impact available inventory for consumption
1) Supported delivery methods, SLAs by delivery methods, calendars and capacities for nodes.
2) There should be a way to specify conditional values for node parameters.
A few example use cases
1) For a Node, Delivery Method, SKU --> Based on SLA and time of the day, I should be able to define inventory restriction e.g. 10 units for next day shipping if the local time at node is between 10 am - 3 pm, 20 units for same day pickup between 9 am - 5 pm etc.
2) For a node, delivery method, sku --> I should be able to restrict selling inventory for a specific duration of day/week/days etc. This is typically done for marketing ad/campaigns. At any time there can be multiple such planned set of restrictions which can also overlap. e.g. no ship inventory is available for sku 1 between 10 am to 2 pm for a flash sale
3) For a node, delivery method, sku --> I should be able to restrict based on min qty of units. e.g. I could say SKU1 is not available from node 1 if the qty is below 5.. however node 2 may not have such restriction.
4) If my capacity for a node, delivery method, SLA runs out, the caller should know about it. e.g. if a store can process only 30 units for ship if the number of confirmed demands has reached 30 for that node, in subsequent calls the restriction should be sent to indicate "i am out of capacity for today" the next order will ship out tomorrow etc.. there should also be an option to just turn the node off in such cases.
In all such cases, typically inventory is available with some restrictions. These restrictions are returned along with inventory information. The client e.g. an online shopping website may want to make decision based on the restrictions.
Reservations should honor restrictions and should not be allowed if inventory restriction is satisfied in the input data.
What is your industry?
How will this idea be used?
To enable / disable inventory restrictions for consumption across channels
Do not place IBM confidential, company confidential, or personal information into any field.