IBM Sterling Ideas
Shape the future of IBM!
We invite you to shape the future of IBM, including product roadmaps, by submitting ideas that matter to you the most. Here's how it works:
Post your ideas
IBM is transforming its request for enhancement (RFE) process. The purpose of the transformation is to provide a more consistent experience for you to submit requests and to enable IBM product owners to respond to your requests more quickly. For more information click here.
Start by posting ideas and requests to enhance a product or service. Take a look at ideas others have posted and upvote them if they matter to you, 1. Post an idea 2. Upvote ideas that matter most to you 3. Get feedback from the IBM team to refine your idea
Help IBM prioritize your ideas and requests
The IBM team may need your help to refine the ideas so they may ask for more information or feedback. The offering manager team will then decide if they can begin working on your idea. If they can start during the next development cycle, they will put the idea on the priority list. Each team at IBM works on a different schedule, where some ideas can be implemented right away, others may be placed on a different schedule.
Receive notifications on the decision
Some ideas can be implemented at IBM, while others may not fit within the development plans for the product. In either case, the team will let you know as soon as possible. In some cases, we may be able to find alternatives for ideas which cannot be implemented in a reasonable time.
1) Supported delivery methods, SLAs by delivery methods, calendars and capacities for nodes.
2) There should be a way to specify conditional values for node parameters.
A few example use cases
1) For a Node, Delivery Method, SKU --> Based on SLA and time of the day, I should be able to define inventory restriction e.g. 10 units for next day shipping if the local time at node is between 10 am - 3 pm, 20 units for same day pickup between 9 am - 5 pm etc.
2) For a node, delivery method, sku --> I should be able to restrict selling inventory for a specific duration of day/week/days etc. This is typically done for marketing ad/campaigns. At any time there can be multiple such planned set of restrictions which can also overlap. e.g. no ship inventory is available for sku 1 between 10 am to 2 pm for a flash sale
3) For a node, delivery method, sku --> I should be able to restrict based on min qty of units. e.g. I could say SKU1 is not available from node 1 if the qty is below 5.. however node 2 may not have such restriction.
4) If my capacity for a node, delivery method, SLA runs out, the caller should know about it. e.g. if a store can process only 30 units for ship if the number of confirmed demands has reached 30 for that node, in subsequent calls the restriction should be sent to indicate "i am out of capacity for today" the next order will ship out tomorrow etc.. there should also be an option to just turn the node off in such cases.
In all such cases, typically inventory is available with some restrictions. These restrictions are returned along with inventory information. The client e.g. an online shopping website may want to make decision based on the restrictions.
Reservations should honor restrictions and should not be allowed if inventory restriction is satisfied in the input data.
|What is your industry?||Retail|
How will this idea be used?
To enable / disable inventory restrictions for consumption across channels
Do not place IBM confidential, company confidential, or personal information into any field.